Tuesday, April 20, 2010

hello again

Several close friends have encouraged me to resume sharing through this blog, and others have asked me why I stopped writing. Such comments are encouraging to me personally, but they also quickly reveal in me so many faults that God has yet to grow me beyond. For example, I am amazed that it stings so much that other people dear to me did not make such comments. I am really still that selfish.

No matter. For the last several days I have had a growing urge to write, and I am praying like crazy that God is stirring this up in me. Please pray that my mind would be an open canvas for God to use in the lives of whoever reads my posts. Also, when I have written in the past, I've been amazed at how impacted I've been--it had to be God putting the ideas there and then using them to grow me!

Having shared these personal thoughts, I will also share several quotes that caught my attention this morning as I perused my quotes file (now over fifty pages!) I am convicted by these comments as well as the encouragement of my friends to be diligent to share my thoughts as God does life with me.

Give what you have; to someone it may be better than you dare to think.

Longfellow


The repetition of small efforts will accomplish more than the occasional use of great talents.

Charles H. Spurgeon

3 comments:

Schweers' Mom said...

I have certainly missed you!

Thanks for your comment on my blog and for sharing Spurgeon's quote.

ks said...

I am so glad to read your words again! Welcome back! ks

Toneman said...

Glad to hear you are posting again. Never wrote anything, but still checked periodically. Guess I got my James fix via email, phone and in person.