Sunday, June 20, 2010

and I gloat

You may think that I am about to brag on my kids since today is Father's Day and I've chosen a title for this post like "and I gloat." As their earthly father, I am very proud of them because they have grown into such fine people. The glory for that is properly reserved for their (and my) heavenly Father, who is the only character builder there is. What better Father's Day gift could there be than praising God and offering thanks for His accomplishments!

However, I have even more thanks to offer to the Lord today because today is not just Father's Day. It is an even more special day, the memory of which is brought about by two quotes:

I do.
--me


And,

I do.
--her




Thirty years ago today, my wife and I were married. I have no words to express how grateful I am that God put us together nor how much at this point I cherish the life we've had so far. She is my best friend, confidant, playmate, truly the greatest part of me. To say 'Thank you, Lord' seems so inadequate, as does 'I love you, dear.' Nevertheless, those heart-felt words are the best I have. Lord willing, I'll say them again in another thirty years (and every day until then!)

3 comments:

The Toneman said...

Congrats Brother! Looking forward to seeing you and Mike on Friday.

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

and i must say she is so very beautiful!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

and btw... I know you know that ;0)