Tuesday, July 20, 2010

back

Three week ago, I was tremendously excited because of our impending departure for summer vacation: "Only two days until we leave!" And it was a fabulous vacation during which we thoroughly enjoyed a portion of God's creation. Rivers--we canoed on the Snake and North Platte rivers; mountains--my daughter and two friends climbed Mt. Elbert, the tallest peak in Colorado! It was wonderfully cool everywhere we were, and the blessings and refreshment were awesome.

Today, as I write this, I've been back from vacation for two days, and it has reminded me how fleeting the temporal is. However, that brings into sharp focus the superiority of God's way. When one's life is centered on loving God and people, the passage of time nears irrelevance. As Henry van Dyke said,
Time is too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love -- time is eternity.

No comments: