Friday, June 20, 2008

extraordinary days

The most extraordinary thing in the world is an ordinary man and an ordinary woman and their ordinary children.

—G.K. Chesterton


My wife and I married 28 years ago today. I adore her, and although we, like most people, have had ups and downs, our life together has been and is wonderful. Along the way, it got substantially better when through Christ, God drew me back into relationship with himself. I can almost reach out and touch the difference in my relationships with my wife, my kids, indeed, all the people in my life, made when Jesus Christ is at the center of my own life.

Every day is an extraordinary day when one walks with the Lord. We are ordinary people, an ordinary family, but we are useful in God's hands. That is not a statement about us but about God--join me in praising him and glorifying him, today.

5 comments:

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

I am praising GOD for your realtionship. I am thanking God for His faithfulness to you.
From one ordinary to another.

cookiehawk77 said...

Congratulations!

Tony said...

The real extraordinary story is that the extraordinary women we marry put up with us as much as they do! Congrats! May God bless you with many more.

Unknown said...

Ordinary things become extraordinary with Christ in the mix.

Schweers' Mom said...

Great quote! Congrats on 28 years (a little belatedly)!